Greetings friends! This is a much-loved poem of mine by Muslih-uddin Sadi - “If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft, And from thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, Sell one and from the dole, Buy Hyacinths to feed the soul” I love that it stresses the necessity of beauty in our lives no matter what. This is both fundamental and universal. I guess, in this light, you could think of Faustina’s as a flower shop!! Wishing you beautiful things, Jody. I'd like to in
There's something that can make you feel warmer and fuzzier than eating a piece of Godiva chocolate. Researchers at the United Kingdom's Open University examined how much people's mood rose after eating a chocolate snack, sipping an alcoholic drink, watching TV, listening to music, or looking at personal photos (the researchers chose these behaviors for their reputation as popular ways to unwind). The music and chocolate left most people's moods unchanged; alcohol and TV gave
Here's some tips about arranging an art grouping. Balance and unity are both important, but for a display to truly engage the viewer, it should incorporate variety as well. Think outside the box and experiment with the unexpected. Look for ways to create drama. An idea to add interest and character to a collection of similar art pieces, use frames in a variety of colors, textures and shapes. Interspersing the display with mirrors helps break up repetition, and creates the ill
Here are some ideas to consider when choosing framing for your artwork.
1. Look to the art you are framing for clues about color and style: bright? subtle? formal? modern?
2. Look at framed pictures in magazines and on television to figure out what styles you like.
3. Experiment with wide mats or mouldings-they can look great even on small artwork.
4. Try several different mats and frame mouldings until you find the combination you like best.
5. Remember: The goal is a b
We hope you enjoyed a wonderful summer vacation; but we know that even the most fabulous of vacations never seem to last long enough. Extend it by custom framing those special memories! Whether you took photos, purchased art, or picked up some souvenirs along the way, we have wonderful ideas to help you preserve and treasure them now and forever! We can beautifully frame your vacation photos or work with you to create beautiful designs to frame art and memorabilia collected o
1. You keep dollars in our economy For every $100 you spend at a local business, $68 will stay in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 at a national chain? Only $43 stays in the community. 2. You embrace what makes us unique You wouldn't want your house to look like everyone else's in the U.S. So why would you want your community to look that way? 3. You create local jobs Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for our neightbors. 4. Yo
When you bring something in to the shop that you have decided to have custom framed, hopefully your specific desires for the piece are the final result. And, there are ways that we can work together to guarantee that! This can be a give and take, interactive process to pin down exactly what you’re expecting. In addition, a good picture framer offers some advice as to how to best make your ideas happen. We start with the fun and exciting part: the design. What colors do you wa